Steve Ruben, Mike Manning, Bryan Griffin, Linda Sinnett, Scott Nord, Bryan Paris, JD Huxman, Andy…
FEI Kansas City today announced four winners of our?2015 Academic Awards for top?students in Finance and Accounting, plus one legacy award to an outstanding student who is a child of an FEI Kansas City member. Selected from universities in Kansas and Missouri, the winners received their merit awards at the Academic Awards Night program on Monday April 13.?The winners:
- Luke Friesen, of Wichita, KS, majoring in Accounting at MidAmerica Nazarene University
- Alec Haight, of Lenexa, KS, majoring in Finance at Benedictine College
- Yuliana Onopriyenko of Kansas City, MO, majoring in Accounting at the University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Augusto M. Sanabria-Rivarola of Lawrence, KS, majoring in Finance at the University of Kansas
- Heather Manning, of Parkville, MO, a high school senior who plans to study Theatre Arts at Stephens College (FEI Kansas City Legacy Academic Award)
?Central to our mission as the top networking and professional development group for financial executives in Kansas City, FEI is committed to developing the next generation of finance and accounting leaders. We have been providing monetary awards to outstanding students for more than 20 years,? said Mike Manning, president of the FEI Kansas City chapter. ?FEI Kansas City is proud to partner with the business faculties of universities across our region to promote excellence and to celebrate these promising young adults? academic achievements.?
Presenting the awards were Professor Jim Martin of Washburn University, FEI Kansas City’s Academic Chair, and Chapter President Mike Manning.